What is Medicom SafeMatrix?
SafeMatrix is the very latest in matrix bands, manufactured by Medicom in Hong Kong at our new state-of-the-art facility. It has a patent-pending design that is easy to use, improves control, and offers the very latest in matrix band benefits for improved patient comfort and results.
SafeMatrix Band is an advanced tool that will allow dentists to perfect the art of restorations. The sophisticated design can simplify procedures through easier placement and improved visibility. Single-use and pre-assembled, SafeMatrix is easy to use and will save users valuable time due to the revolutionary, adjustable band, with an improved design including a push-button deflector, slim handle design and improved thumbscrew grooves to make placement and removal easier than ever. This next generation matrix system will improve the way dentists perform restorations forever.
Medicom SafeMatrix bands are unique as they are “all in one” and very simple to use. They are lightweight, smooth, and do not pinch the patient’s lips upon placement or when tightening them around the teeth. The bands slide through interproximal contacts very easily, even tight gingival embrasures.
What are the features and benefits?
- The very latest in single-use matrix band design, patent pending
- Innovative, push-button deflector for easy adjustment creates band angulation to ensure tight interproximal contact
- Tapered neck offers enhanced visibility
- Unique slim handle design with textured grip for improved hold during restorations
- Improved, deep thumbscrew grooves for better control when tightening and loosening the SafeMatrix band
What are the SafeMatrix Contour bands?
Pre-contoured matrix band facilitates the restoration of interproximal anatomical contours and contact areas of the tooth surface. Additionally, the pre-contoured matrix band creates a smooth external surface against which the restorative material may be conveniently packed reducing the risk of cupping.
The Medicom difference
- Medicom ability to leverage expertise in manufacturing
- Leader in matrix bands for 10 years
- Improved patent pending product design for ease of use
- Better control over capacity following historical supply issues
How does it differ from your previous offering?
The original matrix bands were manufactured by a third party. Medicom has 30+ years of manufacturing expertise and decided to develop a new and improved matrix band.
How should one dispose of Medicom SafeMatrix matrix bands?
Medicom SafeMatrix should be disposed like any matrix band, in an appropriate sharps container.
Can Medicom SafeMatrix matrix bands be recycled?
Once Medicom SafeMatrix is used it becomes contaminated and cannot be recycled. It is, however, made from recyclable materials.
What is the thickness of the Medicom SafeMatrix matrix band?
The matrix band is 0.038 mm thick.
Can Medicom SafeMatrix matrix bands be used for both amalgam and composite fillings?
Yes. Medicom SafeMatrix is ideal for both amalgam and composite fillings. If required, a wedge may be used for composite fillings. The wedge serves to separate the teeth slightly; when the wedge is removed, teeth close back to contact.
What are the benefits of SafeMatrix bands?
- Especially useful when sectionals can’t be used
- Large gaps exist between teeth
- Adjacent tooth is missing
- Large and wide interproximal box
- Cusp replacement
- Large MOD cavities
- Amalgam restoration
What are the steps?
- Preparing SafeMatrix: Before use, adjust the push-button deflector to suit the mouth quadrant in which the SafeMatrix is being used
- Positioning SafeMatrix: The push button diverter should be positioned closest to the gum-line to ensure the correct fit around the tooth
- Tightening SafeMatrix: Fit the band around the tooth and tighten by turning the deep-groove thumbscrew clockwise. Apply wedges and shape the band using a suitable burnishing tool if required.
- Restore tooth: Perform restoration using normal clinical procedure
- Removal: To remove the band, first loosen it by turning the handle 2-3 turns anticlockwise.
What do customers say?
- “Easier to adjust than traditional metal matrix retainers.”
- “No Set Up! It’s so easy to use, no chance of setting up band incorrectly.”
- “Easy, quick, great at conforming to tooth and easy to burnish. Fantastic improvement finally.”
- “Ideal for pedo cases, cores and small restorations.”
- “Ready to go and disposable.”
- “Full circumferential band allows the SafeMatrix to be used for all types of restorations, including large MODs and cusp replacement.”
- “One-piece design with no additional tools required.”
- “Useful even when adjacent tooth is missing.”
- “Easy to remove band after use.”
There are no reviews yet.