|When performing interproximal restorations, a well-designed dental matrix is an essential tool for ensuring optimal results. A dental matrix is a band designed to perform three main functions:
While many matrix bands can perform these functions, none offers the comfort, convenience and time savings of the new Medicom SafeMatrix™ and SafeMatrix™ Contour matrix bands. Over ten years of matrix band expertise went into the patent-pending design of SafeMatrix™ matrix bands, which are manufactured at Medicom’s new state-of-the-art facility in Hong Kong. SafeMatrix™ offers an impressive list of features and benefits that make it the obvious choice for all your restoration needs.
- Universal application
- Minimal obstruction/maximum visibility
- Optimal fit
- Ease of use
- Safe and gentle
- Minimal thickness
- Sizing options
- Guaranteed satisfaction
- SafeMatrix™ is suitable for all MO/OD and MOD cavities, as well as for cusp build-ups, and provides a protective shield for neighbouring teeth during preparation.
- SafeMatrix™ has a tapered neck, slim handle and rounded edges to provide easy access and maximum visibility during treatment.
- SafeMatrix™ has a unique push-button diverter effortlessly creates band angulation.
- SafeMatrix™ is easy to place and remove; its unique thumbscrew tightening mechanism with deep grooves makes it easy to adjust the band securely around the tooth.
- SafeMatrix™ is flexible enough to adapt to the contour of the tooth with just the right amount of pressure to hold it securely in place throughout the restoration process.
- A matrix band must provide adequate stiffness for insertion in proximal areas and create a reliable point of contact that can withstand the force required to insert a filling without allowing the restoration material to overflow. Once inserted, the matrix band must also protect the restorative material to ensure a smooth surface finish.
- SafeMatrix™ matrix bands are strong enough to resist both condensation and pressure.
- SafeMatrix™ has a lightweight handle with a textured grip for enhanced control, even when wet.
- The smooth handle on SafeMatrix™ matrix bands eliminates the risk of injuries to gingiva and cheeks often caused by sharp edges or corroded surfaces on metal holders and their adjustment screw is completely enclosed to protect patients’ gums and lips.
- With a thickness of just 0.038 mm, SafeMatrix™ bands slide easily through even the tightest interproximal contacts.
- SafeMatrix™ is a single-use product eliminates the need for reprocessing. Each unit is individually wrapped and ready to use right out of the box - no assembly or application tools required.
- Incompatibility (chemical or other) between a matrix band and restoration material can inhibit the material from setting and thus, prevent an optimal restoration from being achieved. SafeMatrix™ is suitable for use with all restorative materials and with wedges and rubber dams.
- SafeMatrix™ is available in two sizes in both traditional and Contour options: 6 mm for use with molars and 4.5 mm for premolars and children’s teeth. Coloured handles make it easy to distinguish between the two sizes.
- SafeMatrix™ matrix bands are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
What are SafeMatrix “Contour” matrix bands?
SafeMatrix™ Contour matrix bands are pre-contoured to facilitate the restoration of interproximal anatomical contours and contact areas of the tooth surface. Additionally, the pre-contoured matrix band creates a smooth external surface against which the restorative material may be conveniently packed.
|Pre-assembled, easy-to-use, single-use SafeMatrix™ bands create a smooth external surface against which restorative material can be packed and:|
|Accelerate the restoration process|
|Save valuable chair time|
|Increase patient comfort and safety|
|Improve restoration results|
Learn more about Medicom SafeMatrix™ and other Medicom dental specialty products.