Medicom has you covered from head to toe
Medicom offers a comprehensive selection of protective apparel, including our patented VersaGown with Flexneck™ technology, AAMI PB70:2012 compliant gowns, overhead gowns, impervious gowns, thumb loop gowns and chemotherapy gowns, as well as lab coats and vests, coveralls and sleeve covers, bouffant caps, shoe covers, beard covers and more.
Types of Gowns
There are two types of medical gowns:
Isolation gowns: Protective apparel used to protect the clothing of healthcare professionals, visitors, and patients from the transfer of microorganisms and body fluids in patient isolation situations
Surgical gowns: Sterile textile gowns worn by healthcare professionals who are performing activities in a sterile environment
- Critical zones
- Regulatory requirements
- All areas of gown except bindings, cuffs and hems must meet the highest liquid barrier protection level for which gown is rated. All seams must have same liquid barrier protection as rest of gown. Should cover as much of body as appropriate for intended use.
- In the U.S., Level 1 and 2 isolation gowns are regulated by FDA as Class I medical Devices. Level 3 isolation gowns are regulated by FDA as a Class II medical device that requires a 510(k) premarket notification.
- Front of the body from top of shoulders to knees and the arms from the wrist cuff to the shoulder
- In the U.S., surgical gowns are regulated by FDA as a Class II medical device that requires a 510(k) premarket notification All surgical gowns must be labeled as such.
All Gowns and Apparel (8 products)
Why healthcare professionals prefer Medicom protective apparel
Medicom protective apparel provides reliable barrier protection and:
- Premium materials that keep wearer cool and comfortable
- Unique designs that provide customized fit and ease of movement
- Special features that ensure secure closure and easy donning and doffing
- A wide variety of styles, lengths, sizes, colors and fabric weights
- Consistent quality, durability and fit
ANSI/AAMI gown protection levels
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
|Risk level||Minimal risk||Low risk||Moderate risk||High risk|
|Recommended use||During basic care, standard isolation, cover gown for visitors or in a standard medical unit||During blood draws, suturing, in the intensive care unit (ICU) or a pathology lab||During arterial blood draws, inserting an intravenous (IV) line, in the emergency room (ER) or for trauma cases.||During long, fluid intense procedures, surgery, when pathogen resistance is needed or infectious diseases are suspected (non-airborne)|
What is Flexneck™ Technology?
Winner of the Vizient Innovative Technology Award, our Patented Flexneck™ technology was designed using clinician feedback and independent clinical testing to provide unparalleled infection control compliance.
Available on the AssureWear VersaGown line, Flexneck™ technology is the most flexible neck closure on the market today and provides optimal protection when speed is of the essence:
- Allows quick donning with a swift over-the-head motion that prevents the gown from slipping, even when there is no time to secure the waist ties, eliminating the risk of exposure that comes from untied, gaping gowns
- Ensures fast and easy removal by allowing the gown to swiftly tear away from the body, preventing self-contamination
|Quick, easy donning||Reliable coverage and protection||Impressive comfort||Quick, safe doffing|
|Double elastic closure creates the widest head opening of any gown on the market||Full back with neck closure prevents slipping||Material allows maximum breathability to keep wearers cool and comfortable||Allows quick and safe removal by tearing gown away from body to prevent self- contamination|
|Designed using clinician feedback and independent clinical testing||Thumb loops prevent sleeves from riding up||Innovative design allows freedom of movement without compromising protection||Proven to significantly reduce the risk of cross- contamination versus standard gowns.|
|Winner of the Vizient Innovative Technology Award||Proven to significantly improve compliance versus standard gowns||Latex-free fabric and elastic neck closure minimize the risk of skin reactions|
Independent studies of Flexneck™ technology have demonstrated impressive results versus standard gowns in reducing cross-contamination.
In an independent study conducted by the journal of Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology on the patented Ritmed VersaGown design, a randomized trial demonstrated that VersaGown’s increased skin coverage and fit at the wrists and easy removal features at the neck significantly reduced contamination of personnel.
Product Demonstration Video
Learn how VersaGown with Flexneck™ technology can significantly reduce cross contamination and optimize infection control and compliance.